New Orleans Business Alliance is looking to hire a Special Assistant to the President & CEO. The Special Assistant coordinates and provides administrative support to NOLABA’s President & CEO, including complex scheduling, tactical engagement with our Board of Directors, and various administrative support duties as assigned. Exemplifying excellent customer service traits, the Special Assistant manages confidential information professionally, is able to take direction well, exhibits a high degree of trustworthiness, is resourceful and can work autonomously, shows strong initiative, and demonstrates excellent follow through and attention to detail.
The Special Assistant reports directly to the President & CEO, must be a team player and exhibit strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments. They must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment requiring close attention to service, accuracy and timeliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize NOLABA’s Outlook calendars to meet the complex scheduling demands and challenges of supporting the President & CEO
- Strategically manage incoming inquiries and requests (while troubleshooting conflicts), based on priorities and input from the President & CEO and NOLABA leadership team
- Schedule and coordinate meeting dates/times, locations/venues, and attendance including some personal appointments; provide administrative support and follow-up on issues and action items arising from meetings; provide driving directions; keep detailed notes in calendar events. Close communication loops and follow up on outstanding requests
- Help ensure CEO stays on time for the start and stop of all daily appointments, and communicate delays or changes to other scheduled parties
- Track timelines and deadlines originating from or involving President & CEO, prevent executive bottlenecks, and help ensure target dates are met
- Utilizing Salesforce, manage extensive CEO contacts, including updates reflective of CEO engagement with contacts and changes to contact info
- Manage all planning and logistics for Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other Board or high-level committee meetings
- During all public Board-related meetings, capture detailed notes, attendance, votes, and action items, in order to transcribe official minutes
- Coordinate messaging and reporting compliance for annual state ethics and financial disclosure requirements for Board members
- Draft correspondence, reports, and briefings on behalf of the President & CEO to Board of Directors, stakeholders and the general public in coordination with other NOLABA team members
- Prepare materials needed for meetings such as agendas, handouts, binders, packets, etc.
- Schedule all hotel, rental car, conference/event registrations, and travel arrangements for President & CEO
- Answer incoming main phone line calls promptly and professionally, provide accurate information to callers, and distribute calls and messages to appropriate NOLABA team members in a timely manner
- Prepare purchase requests, CEO expense reports, and credit card support materials as necessary
- Organize and maintain files and reference manuals/materials in accordance with NOLABA’s record retention policies and procedures; ensure confidentiality of information, as necessary
- Maintain confidentiality while performing duties to support President & CEO
- Manage communication flow between the President and CEO and NOLABA staff to include daily mail; email correspondence; scheduling; and phone inquiries
- Arrange for staff members to attend select meetings in lieu of CEO to capture notes and action items, and transcribe minutes to report
- Conduct, manage and facilitate special projects as assigned
- Provide event management support as requested
- Provide coverage for the reception desk as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Three years’ executive support and calendar management experience required, preferably supporting a CEO or C-suite member; nonprofit board management experience is highly preferred
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate the ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Strong proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Cooperative team player; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building ability
- Sense of humor
- Comfort with complexity
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- High ethical standards and commitment to fairness and equity
Physical & Mental Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to speak and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Read and interpret data (emails, memos, letters)
- Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to effectively communicate with superiors, peers and subordinates
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is often required to travel within the New Orleans area and occasionally regionally.
- This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Salary Commensurate with Experience; Exceptional Benefits Package
New Orleans Business Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New Orleans Business Alliance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The New Orleans Business Alliance complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
New Orleans Business Alliance expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New Orleans Business Alliance employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
All Business Alliance employees are subject to the Organization’s Public Records Policies and Procedures.